RAF Shield - 44 Squadron
A wooden Royal Air Force shield for 44 Squadron. Queens crown. 44 Squadron was a heavy bomber squadron which had the third highest casualty rate in Bomber Command. Stationed at Spilsby in Lincolnshire, the squadron was equipped with Handley Page Hampdens and Lancasters. Disbanded in 1957 they were reformed in 1960 as a V-Bomber squadron. Makers label on the reverse.